The meetings below provide support for Servant-Leaders on their journey and/or information for those interested in learning more about Servant-Leadership.
|Inside Milwaukee||Outside Milwaukee|
|MKE- North (Concordia)||Fond du Lac|
|MKE- Downtown (MSOE)||Green Bay|
|MKE- South (Alverno)||LaCrosse Area|
Most meetings are now being offered in online formats at no cost to participate.
Look below for information and contact the organization or facilitator to register.
If you would like to receive reminders of round-table events,
join the WISL email list.
Servant Leader Roundtables -Milwaukee
First Thursday – MKE West-Waukesha:
Zoom Meeting – December 3, 8:00am to 9:00am
- Facilitators: Gene Wright [email protected] or Mike Helbig [email protected]
- Topic: S-L via Stephen Covey’s Seven Habits;
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood (October, 2020)
- Synergize (November, 2020)
- Sharpen the Saw (December, 2020)
- Email: Facilitator to receive an invite and join online for a virtual gathering, via Zoom.
- Discussion Format :
- Two breath introduction:
- Roundtable conversation
- Participant take-a-ways
- Home Base: Waukesha
Second Thursday – MKE North:
Zoom Meeting – December 10, 7:30am – 8:30am
- Facilitator: Elizabeth Evans- 262-243-4283 [email protected]
- Topic: Servant Leaders Persuade through Engagement via Zoom
Servant leaders [rely] on persuasion, rather than on one’s positional authority, in making decisions within an organization. The servant leader seeks to convince others, rather than coerce compliance. This particular element offers one of the clearest distinctions between the traditional authoritarian model and that of servant leadership. The servant leader is effective at building consensus within groups. ” Larry Spears
- Home Base – Concordia University Wisconsin – Mequon, 12800 N. Lake Shore Drive Mequon WI 53097.
- Concordia Servant Leadership The Concordia Servant Leader webpage includes general information, topics, and a registration link for each month. Please let us know you are coming.
- Directions are on our posters on this page.
- If you sign up in advance, we remind you the day prior!
Second Friday– MKE Downtown:
Zoom meeting – December 11, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- Facilitator: Doug Nelson, Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE)
- Topic: Empathy
- Home Base: MSOE, CREATE Institute (Cudahy Student Center, Room CC 03, 1025 N. Broadway Street)
- Register Here
- E -mail: [email protected] for invitations to online roundtables. Questions – Contact Debbie Olguin
Third Thursday – MKE South:
Zoom meeting – December 17, 8:00 am to 9:00 am
- Facilitator: Kim Muench, [email protected] or 414-382-6091
- Topic: “TBA”
- Home Base: Alverno College – Milwaukee, 4300 S. 43rd Street, Milwaukee, WI 53234
- Contact: Alverno here for more information, attendance may be limited
Fourth Thursday – MKE Central:
Zoom meeting – NO ROUNDTABLE FOR NOV/DEC
- Facilitator: Dan Lococo, [email protected]
- Topic: “”Leaving your politics at the door.” or follow the hashtag #inclusionmatters.
- As Servant-Leaders we are called to recognize the impact of systemic forces on the least privileged among us. We’ll explore how the principles of Servant Leadership inform our understanding of what it means to be an inclusive leader.
- Discussion format:
- Two breath introduction
- Roundtable conversation
- Participant take-a-ways
- Home base: Milwaukee – Summit Place Building (Glass Patio Room) – 6737 W. Washington Street – West Allis, WI 53214.
- Mission and assumptions: Servant-Leader Milwaukee is a learning community for persons who are interested in learning more about Servant Leadership and connecting with others who are committed to walking the walk of the Servant-Leader. It is intended to be a resource to those who are committed to applying the leadership philosophy developed by Robert K. Greenleaf and commonly known as Servant Leadership.
- For more details concerning Operating Agreements, Notes on Facilitation, and starting your own roundtable, see our Resources page.
Servant Leadership Discussions – WI
Fond du Lac, WI, 3rd Friday & 4th Tuesday each month,
Zoom meetings, 3rd Fridays 7:30 am to 8:30 am, 4th Tuesdays, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Facilitator: TBA
- Topic: TBA
- Register: Coffee & Conversation-A.M. or Leaders do Lunch P.M.
- Discussion Format: A community of practice is a monthly opportunity for servant leaders to gather and learn with each other about actively practicing servant leadership. As a peer-facilitated meeting, attendees can expect to engage with others to learn best practices, explore questions, and share servant-leadership success stories and meaningful resources
- Homebase: sophiapartners.org/event
Madison, WI, 3rd Friday:
Zoom meeting -November 20, 8:30 am to 10:00 am
- Facilitator: Joe Goss
- Topic: “Theory U, Margaret Wheatley, and You”
- Surprise guest speaker and this is final session considering Theory U
- Community Conversation: Wednesday, November 11
- Facilitators: Currently Rick Kyte and Tom Thibodeau are holding a weekly zoom conference with leaders of non- profit organizations in LaCrosse.
- Servant Leadership Bookclub 2nd Wed. from Sept. to May.
Webex Virtual Meetings
- Facilitator: Joanne Sandvick
- Book: Life Is in the Transitions: Mastering Change at Any Age, by Bruce Feiler
- Email: For more information contact: [email protected]